Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group - Cosmeticdentistrygrant.org

WHAT A JOKE.I COUNTED ON THIS FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.

I WAS TOLD THAT MY NAME HAD BEEN ASSIGNED AND THEN ACCEPTED FOR THIS GRANT. THEN I WAS TOLD THAT A DENTIST COULD NOT BE FOUND WITHIN 45 MINS. OF WHERE I LIVE. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF DENTISTS THAT ARE THAT CLOSE TO ME.

THEN I FIND OUT THAT I HAVE TO APPLY FOR A $2,500.00 LOAN FROM SOMEWHERE FIRST TO GET STARTED AND THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL THE PEOPLE WHERE THE GRANT IS HANDLED, AND THEY SAID THAT THEY ONLY COVER 25% OF THE COST OF YOUR DENTISTRY. THEN THEY TAKE ALL THE APPLICANTS NAMES IN A HAT AND PULL OUT ONE NAME PER YEAR AND THAT IS THE PERSON WHO GETS THE FULL GRANT. I WAS LED TO BELIEVE THAT I HAD QUALIFIED FOR A COSMETIC DENTISTRY GRANT FOR UP TO $20,000.00 IT WAS A LIE. I DESPERATELY NEEDED THIS GRANT BECAUSE OF BROKEN TEETH AND MY HEALTH IS BEING EFFECTED BY THE POISON LEAKING INTO MY SYSTEM FROM A FORMER ROOT CANAL THAT BROKE.

I HAVE NOT GONE OUT OF THE HOUSE SINCE IT HAPPENED.I AM HOUSEBOUND BECAUSE OF MY TEETH AND BECAUSE I WAS LIED TO BY THIS COSMETICDENTISTRYGRANT.ORG

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 18 Yes 18 3 No 3
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 30 #1179697 Irvine, California

thank you for posting this. I knew it had to be a scam. Your post helped at least 1 person from not giving them more money. I'm sorry for what happened to you.

Smart-researcher-NYC1

Jun 14 #1173084 New York, New York

This is a real joke. I had a cosmetic dentistry grant, they selected a dentist for me around where I live 10 miles away while there are many good dentists around me in New York City !!!! The dentist was a celebrity Doctor: my bill was $52,000 for 5 implant and periodontal treatment with 20% covered by the grant. I ran away, I did the implant for $13,500 and I was treated the gum disease for $2,000

Dont Be Stupid

Jan 22, 2014 #776779 Phoenix, Arizona

This is not really a scam unless you don't read the fine print or idiotic. People who haven't been been to the dentist in 20 years think that they are going to get free dental work. What world do you live in? YOU will have to pay for your Basic work and they tell you that. If you haven't been to the dentist regularly, YOU will have alot of basic work that needs to be completed. DUH!!!!!!!!!!! Its not scam, not the grants fault, or the doctors that you haven't taken care of your mouth and suddenly expect to get a $20,000 hand out. Why would the dentist need to lie to you about what you need? Hes going to get paid regardless because people will always need teeth. They want to help you, they give you options, its your job to research and find out the best options for you. No ones complaining about the cost of cars, or TVs, yet you expect your rotting teeth to get fixed for free. GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!
The grant program may not give you as much as you'd like, but they give you something, which would still help you save on getting the smile you desire either way. You go to unnecessary lengths to go to Walmart and save 10% so why not do the same for your teeth?
YOUR TEETH ARE A NECESSITY, NOT A LOTTERY

2 5 Reply
We know who you are

Feb 11, 2015 #944164 Brooklyn, New York

You are so transparent. You also posted this very same response on a Google answer page inquiring about this grant. Remember? Alli? And Krystal, the same names you used. Do I need to post the links? If this grant was 100% the real deal you wouldn't have to go around being wrong and strong. It's reputation would speak for it's self. Damage control much?

3 0 Reply

Jun 14 #1173088

He's a scam dentist, trust me

Dave

Jun 30 #1179706 Irvine, California

No one expected a "grant" for the full cost. Why not just call this what it is? A small discount on overly inflated and usually unnecessary services?
Anyone considering this, please contact the California Dental Board and ask about them first http://www.dbc.ca.gov/

MCL

Jun 30 #1179731 Anaheim, California

I love how #9 on the conditions of getting a grant is you have to write them a THANK YOU LETTER! LOL So they force the people they rip-off to give them a positive review -- but unsurprisingly those reviews are only on their website. I wonder if, "Thank you for ripping me off." would qualify?
From their terms and conditions:
" 9. If I am awarded a Grant, I will write a thank-you letter to the Organization that acknowledges the award. The Grant proceeds will not be awarded unless/until a thank-you letter is received." RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAG! hahaha

3 0 Reply
sue

Oct 15, 2013 #729340

I talked to Paula V. today and all she said is that from month to month the grant changes, it could be 10% or 20% , or less of the total the dentist recommends. I was interested in Lumineers for myself (800 to 1000 a tooth). Based on their 10% or 20% or less grant, I decided that it's no grant but more like a discount from the dentist. Be very careful. And they ask for a $50.00 credit card deposit to hold your appointment with that dentist. What? No way am I going to give the dentist my credit care for a free consultation. :zzz

2 0 Reply
sue

Oct 14, 2013 #728960

I understand your frustration, so please go ahead and type all you want in CAPS! What is annoying is people you have nothing better to do but to criticize someone for pointing out #1 a scam and #2 how upset you are over being taken by this scam. :x Thank you for letting us know about this.

Droman

Aug 03, 2013 #692995 Los Angeles, California

Dear TWB,

I see you wrote two complaints, and both of them are in ALL CAPS. Writing in all caps is like yelling. It is totally unnecessary and very distracting.

Locking yourself up in your house because of this incident is not a healthy response. Nor is doing so because of your teeth. Get out of that house and do something. It'll take your mind of your problems for a while. FYI,I have only ten teeth left since a dentist started pulling them about three years ago for dentures.

My point is, I don't let my missing teeth dictate my life. I go out and even smile at people albeit with my lips closed.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope everything turns out well for you.

MotorN

Aug 30, 2012 #535865

Beware!, this is a scam. I was one of the earliest people to enter into this program. I paid $7000 out of pocket to get my mouth "healthy" in order to qualify for the draw, all the while being told that my chances were very high of being selected for the $20000 grant being the pool was so small. I was assessed 4 different cosmetic procedures ranging from $6000 to $24000. The receptionists was more like a car salesmen working on commission pressuring me into beginning the cosmetic procedure telling me that I will be reimbursed if and when I am selected from the draw, I opted to wait to be selected before spending anymore money. 6 months pass and I receive an email notifying that I have been selected for the grant in the amount of $3500, nowhere close to the expected $20K. Then I continue reading the email and it states that I can only redeem this $3500 if I get the $24000 cosmetic procedure. What a joke, I paid $7000 to get the $20000 grant not so I can spend another $20K.

Stop screaming

Jan 18, 2012 #411289

Stop screaming! There is no need to type in all caps. That only makes people care even less about your complaint.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Oral Aesthetic Advocacy Group.
Filing a new complaint about
×